Monday, March 30, 2015

Live up to your potential!!

A few weeks ago, we contacted a guy named RB. We didn`t feel like he was really ready to hear our message, but he invited us to go back another day and talk to him. We really didn`t think he was going to progress very much. A few days after we contacted him, we found him again, but this time drunk. We sat down with him and he expressed why he was so sad and why he was drinking. We taught him about eternal families and the hope that we have to see our families again. I remember last week I emailed about him and how he looked us right in the eye to see if we were telling him the truth.

Yesterday, he went to church again. He is loving it! The first time we went to his house, it was a disaster. He was all dirty, his house was all dirty, and we felt a little weird being there. Now we go, and he has his bed all made, all the dishes washed, everything. He is changing little by little. Yesterday he committed to stop drinking, drinking coffee, and smoking. He is reading his pamphlet about the Plan of Salvation every day.

I love to see how someone so so lost can have a little spark in their eye, and I love to see when that spark grows until their whole face is covered with light. It reminds me of the scripture in Alma: 

27 But behold, if ye will awake and arouse your faculties, even to an experiment upon my words, and exercise a particle of faith, yea, even if ye can no more than desire to believe, let this desire work in you, even until ye believe in a manner that ye can give place for a portion of my words.

That is how it happened with me too. I remember feeling so bad and feeling like I would never be able to recieve forgiveness. I felt dark and sad. One day, someone in Relief Society told me something that was a litte little spark. So small. I thought--maybe I can receive forgiveness. I let that little spark grow through scripture study, prayer, church, and leaders that helped me. That little thought of ¨maybe¨ turned into faith, and now that faith has turned into knowledge. I know I can be forgiven and I know that Jesus Christ lives. I don`t have a single doubt about that. That He lives! I know Him. Not perfectly, but I know Him now.

I know this is the true chruch and that Jesus Christ died for us. He is our Savior. He literally saves us, and I know that we can reach our full potential with him. Not live below our potential.

Sister R told me a story this week about a guy who wanted to go on a cruise, so he started saving up money. It was a really expensive cruise, and he didn`t have very much money. He saved and saved until finally he had just barely enough money to go. He left for his cruise, knowing that he would not be able to do anything on the ship but enjoy the water. He didn`t have the money to buy a fancy meal or take pictures or anything. After the week long cruise, they got back to shore. One of the workers there stopped the man and asked him--¨this whole week you have been on one of the most elegant cruises in the world, and you didn`t have fun. You didn`t eat well or anything. Why didn`t you participate in the activities or dances during your stay?¨ The man told him that he had only saved up enough money to be on the cruise, not anything else. The worker then said ¨You didn`t know that all the food and activities are included in the cruise?!¨

Let`s make sure this week that we don`t live below our potential!!! We are sons and daughters of God. He loves us and wants us to be like Him! He has huge blessings in store for those who live up to their potential!!

I love you! Have a great week!

Sister Hunt




DULCE IS HERE!!!





 I present my companion!!!



Everyone thinks we`re crazy that we crossed the arroyo because there are a lot of scary guys that live there. But it saves us a good 40 minutes. Which is better?



look how it hugged my thumb. awwww.



chillin with the bums.



only in Chihuahua will you see a cactus with a pine tree.


No comments: