Friday, January 3, 2014

Christmas at the MTC

Christmas at the MTC was an interesting one! We had Elder Bednar come and talk to us, and his talk was absolutely AMAZING! He did a question and answer session, which I usually don't like, but his was wonderful! One question I liked was:

Q: Why do I feel so inadequate?
A: Because you have some sense of what you are called to do.

I also loved how he talked about the cleansing AND strengthening power of the atonement. He spoke of how the gospel is not just about becoming clean from sin but about BECOMING. We have so much potential if we just exercise it. Things happen one grain at a time. Precept upon precept. If you took me out of the MTC right now and put me back at home, I would live my life differently. I have learned so much here through the spirit. I am a different person already. I love how close I am coming to Heavenly Father. I know the Atonement is what is helping me to get there. I not only have the ability to feel at peace about my mistakes, but the Atonement also enables me to become stronger to face my challenges.

We had our sister district leave this week, which is weird because they came in on the same day as my district. I really wanted to go with them. We still have another week. I loved what I learned this week though!! I am trying to live my last week here like Christ lived His last week. His last week was the most important week of His life. I am trying to live my week diligently so that I have no regrets. 

One thing I learned this week made me even more grateful for Jesus Christ. Without Jesus Christ, we would not even be here. God's plan for us to come to earth and get bodies centers around Jesus Christ and His Atonement. God loves us so much that He would not have sent us here without a way to get us back. If Jesus Christ was not willing to atone, we wouldn't even be here. We would not have the opportunity to progress on earth. I am very grateful for my Savior, who made it possible for me to be on the earth now and made it possible for me to return to live with my Heavenly Father again. 

I am praying that my visa will get here on time for me to go to Mexico on the 6th. This is hopefully my last email to you from the states! I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and a have a happy new year!!!

Te quiero!

Hermana Hunt

No comments: