Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Is She Your Daughter?

So this week has been a little ity bit stressful.

My companion is like a small child. If I don´t tell her what to do, she just stares at the wall or plucks hairs off her face all day long. I got a little tired this week of every five minutes: ¨Okay, you need to shower now. You should brush your teeth so we can go to bed on time. It´s time to leave the house, we need to go. We´re in the middle of companionship study, could you stop plucking hairs off your face? You don´t have clothes for tomorrow--you need to wash your clothes.¨ As you can see, it becomes a little stressful to have to say every little detail of your day. I hope it´s just a newbie thing and that it will wear off soon as she acustombrizes (I can´t remember the word for acostumbrarse).

This week an old man asked me if my companion was my daughter. Well.....clearly. I had her when I was two years old. hahaha :D



This week we got A NEW FRIDGE!! Which means now we can actually keep food in the house that won´t go bad, and we can drink milk. AND!!! We got a WASHING MACHINE!!! I feel like I´m living in....2014.....hahaha it is wonderful. When we have water (which is only between 5 and 8 in the morning, and 10 to who knows when at night) we can wash our own clothes! We don´t have to wash by hand anymore! It makes me happy. I feel spoiled :)






We have an investigator, I, that is progressing so fast! She already has been to church three times, is reading the Book of Mormon, and is starting to change. I love to see her progress. We were able to talk with her about the worth of a soul this week (Doctrine and Covenants 18:10) and it changed the way she thinks about herself. She has always had self-esteem issues, so to hear that the worth of souls is great in the sight of God helped her to feel loved. I love to question to find out what people think a soul is or what it means to be great, or what people think is the ¨sight of God.¨ There are so many interpretations! People have so many different points of view.

This week I am working on my patience. As Preach My Gospel says, ¨patience is a heavenly virtue.¨

Love you all and hope your week goes well!!

Hermana Hunt


a picture of a delicious montado--Chihuahua´s specialty

No comments: