Monday, June 2, 2014

Chihuahua is very economical


It is getting HOT. Very hot. We don't even use our gas anymore. The water comes out of the pipes HOT to take a shower, and if you want to cook an egg in the morning, you just have to put it in a pan and put it outside for a little bit. The other night I didn{t sleep at all. My companion left the room in the middle of the night the other night and was gone for a loooonnnnggg time. I finally went to see where she went and found her sleeping on the floor in the main room because the tiles are cooler. hahaha! By six in the afternoon we{re pretty pooped. I hope my body adjusts to this!! haha


This week I learned that our investigators will only be converted to the extent that we are converted. Before, I invited people to church like...will you go to church with us...BUT! I learned that when you are animated and converted, others are more likely to be animated to make commitments. 

We met a man Thursday named J. To be completely honest, I was a little afraid of him when we started talking. He is addicted to a lot of drugs and has a past pretty interesting. He can't walk well because of a severe accident in one of his legs, and he has not been to the doctor to check it out. It's pretty bad. As we started to talk to him, I started to see better the hope he has in his eyes. I started to see that he wanted a new start. We spoke to him about Jesus Christ and about the Atonement, and his eyes started to change even more. We invited him to come to church with us Sunday.

Saturday came around and we did not have the time to visit J. We were almost sure he would not remember and would not go to church Sunday. Sunday morning rolled around, and we thought about not stopping by to see if J was ready because he lives really far away. However, we decided to see how things would play out. When we got to his house, not only was he perfectly ready, but his mom as well! Just waiting for us to arrive. When they entered the sacrament meeting room, they both said they felt something different there. I did too. The room was filled with the Spirit this Sunday. It was an amazing Sunday and both J and his mom felt the Spirit.

What a blessing it is that when we invite people showing our enthusiasm and love for the gospel, they are more likely to want what we have and more likely to act on that desire. I learned this week that I should see people more in the way our Heavenly Father sees them. I learned that we are all children of God, no matter what has happened in our lives. No matter what we have been through, Heavenly Father loves us and wants us to return to Him.

Love you all!

Hermana Hunt






This is where I wash my clothes. it's quite handy, no_:)


No comments: