Monday, June 23, 2014

11 months. No me venga.

I ate chili chilaqua a ocho ochenta esta semana (in Chihuahua, they have an accent where they say the ¨ch¨ really pronounced, so chili chilaqua a ocho ochenta is super funny to say here).



When Elder Oaks came to Chihuahua, I was in the MTC. He visited the ward that I am in right now. He also visited all of the Elders and sisters in this mission. One thing very interesting that he said is that the missionaries who are called to serve in Chihuahua are the strongest missionaries out there. This mission is HARD. This mission is one of the hardest in the world. He said that only the strongest come here. In some ways I see how hard it really is, but in others, this mission is AWESOME!! The best mission out there.

My week went like this:

On Tuesday I got really, really burnt. Note my burnt ¨ouch I hurt really bad¨ picture.



Wednesday night it rained HARD. It was wonderful.

Thursday we worked HARD.

On Friday we had a Visitor's Center program where anyone can go and learn about what we teach and who we are. It was really cool. We passed through rooms like ¨The Pre-Earth Life¨ or ¨The Spirit World¨ and talked about what our purpose is on this earth. We had a room for each of the 3 degrees of glory, and we acted out each phase of the Plan of Salvation. It was really fun! One of the members in our ward makes donuts for a living, so he brought huge pans of handmade donuts. Yum.

On Saturday we were able to help a young women see the value that she has. She was feeling really down on herself. We learned how following what the Spirit says you should do really can help others. She even went to see R be baptized Saturday, and said she felt the Spirit so strong in that room. She wants to be baptized and have a fresh start.

On Sunday I sang a solo in Spanish in front of a bunch of people. I was really nervous. I{m now in the mission's choir, and we get to sing some pretty awesome songs. It's really fun!



I know this is the work of the Lord! And it is a wonderful work!



¨I can do all things through Christ which strengthen me.¨ Philippians 4:13

Hermana Hunt







We made tshirts. They have minions on them. And our nametag. It's pretty cool. Yeah.




No comments: