Monday, May 26, 2014

la cucaracha ya no puede caminar

This week I found out that the song la cucaracha has more words than just la cucaracha la cucaracha. Yeah. It{s a whole song. Everyone has lied to me my whole life. Needless to say, I now know the whole song La Cucaracha. WHAT.

Lets see...
1. This week Hermana L ran into a pole. Straight on.
2. I worked in my area with Hermana R because one of the Hermanas from Delicias is sick, so Hermana L was helping her, and I left with Hna R to work. Naturally, we got lost. Really lost.
3. The poor cucaracha can't walk anymore because he is missing a leg.

We had an amazing experience with Hermano R this week and his family. We went to visit them Saturday night and found Hermano R drinking beer. His job had decided not to pay him for the whole week of work (I don't know how that works, but they just didn't pay him!!), so he was pretty depressed. They have two kids to support. We taught him about the Word of Wisdom and how drinking is really bad for him and for his family. He was so happy to hear that we should avoid harmful drinks and substances! It gave him hope. We read about the blessings we are promised when we obey the Word of Wisdom, and he liked the promise that we will run and not be weary. He read the suggestions on how to overcome the need to drink and how we as missionaries can help him overcome his challenges. He was so happy!! It was like a ray of light entered his world. He knew Heavenly Father is on his side and will help him overcome his addictions. He poured out all his beer in that moment and got rid of all the beer in the house. An amazing experience that I will never forget.

I know Heavenly Father helps us overcome our challenges. He helps us make good decisions. He loves us so much that He gives us many blessings, but also knows that we grow and progress when we have challenges and trials in our lives. I have passed through some pretty interesting trials already in the mission, and I see how they have helped me to become stronger, with a stronger testimony and a stronger desire to be more like God. I know He loves us enough to cut us down to help us grow. I know He will help Hermano R in his challenges just as He loves and helps every one of us in our challenges. 

This has been a good week =)

Hermana Hunt


I ate a carrot mixture thing with pineapple and creme. it was actually really, really good. lol


These are the missionaries I have to work with. lol they{re pretty awesome. 


Limes filled with coconut. best thing. ever. super. super. delicious.

Gorditas, meet my family and friends. Friends and family, meet gorditas. 














No comments: