Monday, December 15, 2014

find faith, learn to love. choose Christ.

This week was incredibly crazy as we had to go to Chihuahua three times in one week for immigration, transfers, and a leadership meeting. We worked a half day Wednesday and a half day Saturday in Parral and that was all!! Good old seven hours of being on a bus in one day multiplied by three!! But it was a week full of miracles. Heavenly Father blessed us for the sacrifices we had to make going into Chihuahua, and of course, they´re not going to kick me out of mexico or anything crazy like that.

So remember how everyone told me I would never go to Parral because I´m super white? Now just look at my new companion. We´re having a ton of success in Parral because everyone wants to know what two americans are doing parading around in Parral. There is one sister that calls us her ¨gringitas.¨ Slightly offensive, but it´s all good. hahaha I love my new companion and, well, we were already friends before the mission!!



I will be singing in downtown Parral this Sunday with an Elder who also sings kind of well. We´re going to be promotingchristmas.mormon.org so that all the world can understand the true meaning of Christmas and look up some mormon missionaries.

This week we went to Chihuahua for a leadership meeting. I had three questions in my mind, and I wasn´t really waiting on an answer from the meeting, but President answered every one of my questions in one sentence. I had been feeling like my faith had gotten a little weak, and I wanted to strengthen it. I had also been asking how I was to love one of the sisters that just arrived in Parral that I have not been able to love fully, and I wanted to be a better disciple of Jesus Christ, so I was asking what I should to to have more faith, more love, and more devotion. President shared just one quote from Thomas S Monson that I will try to translate from a talk given in BYU, 1978. It says:

   By following this formula...we can find faith...learn to love...and chose Christ:
   When you recognize a sin, avoid it.
   When you commit an error, admit it.
   When you receive a gift, share it.
   When you enjoy liberty, protect it.
   When you have the truth, live it.
   When you have a responsibility, do it.


Hello answering every single question with one simple quote. This transfer (six weeks), I am working on one of these suggestions every week. Last week I tried to avoid sins, like trying to not walk by the bread store behind our house that sells delicious donuts, or filling my mind with good things so that I never think of the bad. This week I will be working on admitting my errors. I hope by the end of these six weeks I will be a better disciple of Jesus Christ.

I know this work is God´s work, and I know He works miracles in our lives! Have a wonderful week!

Hermana Hunt

Funny things:
Yesterday, my comp was going some ¨magic tricks¨ for C, a little girl, as we were waiting for her mom to finish with the branch president. My comp ¨ate¨ a penny and made it come out of her foot. C was so surprised that she said ¨LET ME TRY¨ and proceeded to REALLY eat the penny. Oops.




No comments: