Monday, December 22, 2014

Feliz Navidad!!!

Merry Christmas!!! This week was an amazing week! We had a party in Chihuahua with all the 233 missionaries that are in our mission. We ate turkey and heard Christmas songs, hit piñatas, and above all, we drank soda. It was a crazy day! On Sunday we went downtown in Parral to sing to all the people here! We had a lot of success. Even people who didn´t know us were filming us and wanted to know more about who we are and what we do! It was a great opportunity to share the gospel! Sister L and I sang a wicked solo and we also sang one with an elder. Sad elder will never hear the end of that one!

The morning Sunday was a pretty hard day, and also a day where I learned something so especial for me that I cried. Allow me to tell you all bad things so I can get to the point of the story, which is a good thing. Sorry for the bad--it´s got a point.

We didn´t bring anyone to church yesterday, so we had to leave during sacrament meeting to look for investigators that could go to church. We left with a lot of faith that we could find someone who would be able to enjoy a few minutes of church, but as the people passed buy rudely not answering us or saying no, we started to get discouraged. Usually people say yes here in Parral. It was difficult when the people started to lie and say they don´t know their address or that they are so busy with Christmas preparations that they cannot listen to a Christmas message, or that they just didn´t want anything.

We didn´t find anyone that could go to church. We went back and went to relief society, where I had to ask the sisters who would be able to give the 8 elders and sisters food this week. No one raised their hand and no one wanted to give us food during this time of year. No one. December 24 was going to be a beans and tortilla in the house day. Then to top it all off, the sister that complained about giving missionaries food handed out a nice letter that said ¨wishes that the Christmas spirit can abide in your home this year¨ and her family´s name. I started to think about how people may say they have the Christmas spirit because they are buying gifts for everyone and singing Christmas carols, but not really have the Christmas spirit. I know with family parties and preparations, it is hard to find time for the missionaries. However, missionaries are representatives of Jesus Christ, and no one had room in their house for Jesus Christ this Christmas time--people in the street and members alike.

All of the sudden it came to mind the scripture in John 1:11 that says ¨He came unto his own, and his own received him not.¨ 

I understood how it would feel to be among your ¨own¨ like the members of the church are our ¨own,¨ but that no one received us. I understood just a little portion of what the Savior would have felt. His own creations that He loves so much--with a love eternal--and they didn´t accept Him. We don´t accept Him. Every time we commit a mistake, we are serving Satan instead of serving Christ. We don´t receive Him.

This Christmas I hope we will be able to serve our Savior selflessly. Without reservations. Give and not hope anything in return. ¨But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.¨ He is the gift. He is the most important gift. The reason for Christmas. It´s HIM. And nothing else. He is the gift.

I know Jesus is our Savior. He saved us. Literally. Without Him, this is not possible. We are not possible. This joy and love and peace we have in this live is not possible. He gave every single part of Him to us. Every drop of blood, every piece of everything--He gave it to us. What gift will we give to Him this year?

I learned a lot about Christ this week. I am so grateful for Christ and for His grand sacrifice. An infinite gift. The best gift. One so special that there was only one spirit able to offer it, and that is Jesus Christ. Yesterday, I was able to share my testimony of Jesus Christ in Relief Society, and I am very happy to say that the arms shot up to give food to the missionaries (don´t worry :)). I am glad to understand more this week about what it means to be a representative of Jesus Christ, and what His humble birth really means.

Have a wonderful Christmas, and don´t forget the reason for the season! It is Him!! I love you all very much!! Feliz Navidad!



all my companions from my whole mission in one place at one time. just that the first picture they cut off sister M, and the second picture sister Z already lost her patience, so almost all my companions in one picture. almost



singing downtown!!



we were the envied ones becuase we were the only ones who brought a blanket on the bus to go to chihuahua. hehe


piñatas!!!


my companion doesnt do normal faces


trio power!! finally reunited after a year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey it's Oxy from HL! How are you pretty lady? Hope everything is going well for you! I miss you very much so I thought I would take a minute to look up your blog and I'm so glad I did!! I'm excited to read through your posts and catch up on what's been going on with you! Did you get my letter? Hope you had a very merry Christmas! I love you