Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Sometimes We Have To Turn Around

This week has been full of wonderful experiences!! First of all, my companion has been walking really slow because she has horrible shoes that give her blisters! It´s hard to find good shoes here. They have one brand of good shoes, but we have to travel pretty far to get to where they sell them. Anyway. I have been praying for her feet! We went to visit a member of the church this week who hasn´t been to church in a long time. She didn´t know Hna Z was having problems with her shoes or anything, but she pulled some shoes out of the closet and handed them to Hna Z. She said ¨I feel like I should give you these shoes.¨ Two pairs of good walking shoes in Hna Z´s size. Hna Z cried. It was an experience I will never forget.

We found a woman in need of the gospel this week as we passed by her business in a really busy street. I felt the need to enter for some reason, so we turned around and went inside. The woman at the counter had been to church before, but stopped attending a while back. She is in need now of our help. We wouldn´t have found her had we not turned back. We found another sister this week too because we turned around and went back for her. The Spirit has been working this week to help us find God´s children who need us in this moment!

We did splits this week with a couple of sisters from the ward. That means that I went with one sister and Hna Z with another to make our visits. I went to visit the investigators we have. That also means that I had to do all the teaching and talking! It was a testimony builder for me as I was able to understand and teach these wonderful people. I testified to one investigator of the happiness that comes through the gospel. We sang the hymn ¨There is Sunshine in my Heart Today.¨ It was amazing to be able to see that I would be able to communicate without my companion´s help as long as I have the Lord´s help!

We have been guided by the Spirit this week to investigator´s and member´s houses that were in need of our help. We have stopped in our tracks and turned around to visit the people the Spirit has said we needed to visit. We have said what the Spirit has said we needed to say. We have done what the Spirit has said we needed to do. And we have seen the blessings of helping those whom the Spirit has said we needed to help. It has been a wonderful week!!

Love you!

Hermana Hunt





Ketchup is NOT the same. Even though it says Hunt's Ketchup, it is not ketchup. Nope. No no no.



 Pizza is not the same either. Everyone thinks we just eat pizza and hamburgers up there in the states. They´re kind of right. I guess. But they don´t know what pizza is or what hamburgers are. It´s very different. It´s interesting how the same ingredients can taste so different when prepared differently!


Graffiti here is super cool


 these are called death traps. They are in the sidewalk every twelve feet or so, and only about two thirds of them have caps still. The other one-third of them are called death traps. One day I am going to step in one and die!


No comments: