Monday, February 3, 2014

Effects of The Book of Mormon

We have a family we are teaching with a three year old that is very active, an eight year old, and a sister about my age that takes care of the kids. We had a lesson with them the other day, and we were talking about the feelings the sister feels when she reads the Book of Mormon. She said she feels very at peace and good in her heart. We asked her why she thought she felt that way, and she said she had found her answer that the Book of Mormon is true!!! 

I love how happy this work is. 

Funny. During the lesson, the three year old was being loud and everyone had their Books of Mormon out, so I pulled another Book of Mormon out for the three year old and helped him see the words as we were reading the chapter (2 Nephi 31. It{s a good chapter). He was sitting on my left, and everyone else on my right, so no one could see him but me. About half-way through the lesson, he fell asleep with his Book of Mormon on his face open to the picture pages!! It took everything I had not to bust up laughing in our lesson and focus!




I love the scripture in Ether 12:17 that says God shows us our weaknesses when we come unto Him. He shows us our weaknesses so we will be humble, but if we go to Him in faith, He will make weak things become strong unto us. My weaknesses in this work are definitely not just the language, and I am definitely humbled by the many things I need to improve. I love the talk by Elder Bednar on how to become a preach my gospel missionary. He says preach my gospel missionaries understand that they serve and represent Jesus Christ, are worthy, treasure up the words of eternal life, understand that the Spirit is the only true teacher, and understand that to teach is much more than just talk or converse. I am trying to make my teachings much better, along with every other aspect of missionary work. I have a long ways to go! I have felt the help of Heavenly Father as I have tried to be better.

Superbowl yesterday was an interesting day here in Mexico. I love how the Superbowl brings families and friends together, even when often there is contention between teams :) Superbowl is like Christmas here. Everyone travels from far to be with family and friends to watch it. Everyone watches it outside and barbecues "american food" hahaha

Love you all lots and hope you are doing well!

Hermana Hunt







I was labeled the fair sister by the lady who kind of does our laundry. Kind of because we pretty much do it, but have to pay her because the machines we use she tends. They{re not even hers. Things are weird here. But yeah. I am the fair sister and my comp was labeled the dark sister. Haha



We celebrated Hermana L's three year membership of the church, four months of the mission, and one month of being in Chihuhahua for me with marshmallows yesterday that we roasted over the stove. Guys. Even the MARSHMALLOWS are better here. Even the marshmallows.




these chips are so good! Even Hna L thinks they're pretty hot, but I love them. With water. Plenty of water.







No comments: